The definition of a transaction coordinator varies from brokerage to brokerage. Some brokers and agents simply pass off everything to their coordinator.
Here, a transaction coordinator basically offers another set of eyes on the entire transaction and also makes the entire process as smooth and efficient as possible. With land sales, there are many parties involved.
Here are a few things that our land sales coordinator does:
At the initial listing:
- Gathers all information together for listing a property
- Obtains signatures
- Puts together listing agreements
- Schedules time for listing a property
When offers are made:
- Sometimes a transaction coordinator handles the offer and presents it to the seller
- Schedules inspections, gathers inspection reports
- Scheduling closings with attorneys, buyers, sellers, agents